Too long; didn’t read...
One of the incredibly useful ways in which our language heuristics technology can benefit the average web user is in the real time analysis of content. By going beyond simple natural language processing and using heuristics to actually understand copy, we can make instant decisions that benefit the web experience.
The web's #1 summary tool
An extension for most modern browsers, TLDR Plugin summarizes articles online. Enabling readers to quickly get necessary information from long content in their browser. TLDR summaries are displayed instantly via an on-page overlay optimized for the reading experience. Users can browse to a page with long content, click the “TLDR” button in the browser, and reduced text appears instantly, offering four concise versions of content: short, medium, long, and original. TLDR shortens e-mails, news articles, blog posts, even documents behind a paywall or on a corporate intranet.
- Now supports multiple languages; English, Spanish, German, and French
- Creates fast 350 +/- word executive summaries of any page
- Delivers three synopsized versions which map to about 25%, 50% and 75% of original article length
- Preserves the structure of the original article
- Summaries pop-up in a stylish reader overlay on the web page
- Uses language heuristics for highly readable summaries and synopses
- User-defined default summarization configuration
- Works on secure HTTPS pages (must be enabled in options)
- Users can define specific text on any page to summarize
- “Find More Like This” feature uses Samuru.com for more specific search results
- Free to install
Visit TLDRstuff.com to install our much-loved browser plugin for Chrome, FireFox and Safari.
Don’t believe us? Just paste some text in the form field below (at least 6 sentences),
click the "tldr it" button, and watch the magic transpire!